We are keen on blackjack especially. On OnlineBlackjackMaster.com every online blackjack gambler can find full information on blackjack and other card games like progressive blackjack games, for example; their history, contemporary rules and variations, a lot of advices concerning strategy, description of the most common mistakes when you play blackjack online, free blackjack, no deposit bonus, etc.
The basic principle of the game of blackjack is to reach a card total amounting to 21 or be closer to 21 than the dealer to win the game.
If you are interested to play blackjack you need to have a basic understanding of the rules and regulations of the game and how the game proceeds. The basic principle of the game is to get cards of value closest or equal to 21 and not above that.
The best part of the game is that you are only playing against the dealer of the cards and other players at the table is of no relevance to you and it does not matter if the cards are dealt face up on the table.
Card Values in Blackjack
Before you begin to play blackjack you should have a basic understanding of card values.
- Cards from 2-9 have the same value as mentioned on the card.
- Cards 10, J, Q and the K have the value of 10.
- Aces can be valued at 11 or even as a 1 depending on the circumstance.
If you have other card players at the table, the dealer begins dealing out the cards beginning from his left side and proceeding further until two cards are dealt out to each player. The dealer will deal out 2 cards to himself too with one card being face down.
After the players receive two cards, the game begins with the first player on the left hand side of the dealer. The players will have to make a decision and say how they wish to play. Once all the players hands are through, the dealer will play out his hand and depending on the comparison, the players will be paid or the bets will be removed by the dealer.
Understanding How the Dealer Plays
The way the dealer plays is determined by rules of the game. The rules of the game as to how the dealer plays will be mentioned prior to beginning to play blackjack at any table.
It is always pleasant to know some blackjack secrets. But first, let us understand more about how the dealer plays.
- Dealer Stands at 17: In this version of blackjack, the dealer will deal himself cards until the value of all the cards is 17 or above. Aces are compulsorily valued at 11 unless the value is going above 21 in which case the value of Ace is 1. Once the value is 17 or above, the dealer stops to take cards and stands.
- Dealer Hits Soft 17: If you want to play blackjack with this version, the dealer will have to continue to take cards if he gets a soft total amounting to 17 (examples of this are A, 6; A, 3, 3; A, 5, A, etc).In such a case scenario, the dealer will take cards until he has card values that amount to soft 18 or greater or hard 17 or greater.
Results of the Game
- While playing Blackjack, the best of cards is to reach a natural total of 21 in the very first round while two cards are dealt. So, naturally, a blackjack is reached when you have an Ace and a card with a face value of 10 (10, J, Q or a K).
- If you are having a pair of aces and split them and get a blackjack combination on any of them, it is not termed as a blackjack.
- A blackjack combination is best as it receives the highest payout and is better than a three card combination amounting to 21.
- If you and the dealer both have the same valued cards, the game is a tie.
- If the value of your cards is closest to 21 than the dealer's, you win the hand.
If you are putting together a list of the best online casinos to play Blackjack online don’t forget to take us up on or 1500 free bet casino sign up bonus. Our free bets are the next best thing to real casino money and they allow you access to our entire site.
Blackjack is essentially a fun game and a skill game as players can improve their strategy and playing techniques.
Among all blackjack books, this one is truly concentrated at the way of getting win at blackjack. The best recommendations, strategies and winning tips are clearly represented for different types of players.
Amazon price: $18.95
Get to know what card will come next in the shoe! All you need is to learn card counting strategy, which is the most effective for blackjack games, all the details of which are represented in this book.
Amazon price: $13.95
Learn basic blackjack strategy – the first really important thing for this game. Your actions now will be made not randomly, but accordingly to strict rules of theory of relativity and blackjack researches.
Amazon price: $12.95